About Me

My photo
Bigfork, Montana, USA
Bigfork Bay Cotton Company is a full service, brick and mortar quilt shop, as well as a retail/wholesale pattern business. You can view our pattern line on our website, but on a more personal level, we'd like to invite you into our shop and share with you the joy of quilting in our corner of the world!

Monday, January 18, 2010

WHAT I'VE BEEN WORKING ON

BACK in October I decided to make quilts for four of our kids for Christmas. At the time, it seemed like plenty of time....you know what I mean? Especially considering that one top was already almost done, and another had most of the blocks done (made by one of my daughters for my other daughter). Plus, the patterns were easy....No problem, right? Of course I was scrambling at the end. I hoped to have them to the longarm quilter by November 15...then by December 1....I think she got the last two a week in to December, and I had to have them back and bound by the time we left on the 20th. Well, three made it....the fourth would probably have gotten done also, but my quilter had a leg injury and was unable to stand at her machine. (By the way, she's also our store manager, and also made eight quilts in December to give to a needy family in our area. She's amazing.) Anyway, here are the quilts....


This pattern is my interpretation from the book "Nine Patch Pizzazz" made with a Moda collection from a couple of years ago called "Rites of Spring".




This pattern is "Full Bloom" from Miss Rosie's Quilt Company, made with a Moda collection called "Shangri-la".


This is the quilt that my younger daughter and I made for my older daughter. I know she got the idea out of a book...I'll have to look it up when I get home and let you know the name of the book....it's a great book. My daughter picked out all the fabrics and made the blocks, and then I put them together and added the borders. We liked the fabrics so much that we used them for kits in the shop and made up Miss Rosie's "Stella Blue". It is also a beauty!



This pattern is "Blooming Nine Patch" from the book "Traditions With A Twist" by Blanche Young. This book is one of my Top 5 all time favorite books. Everything in this book turns out great....The instructions are the best..... This book should be in every quilter's library.

PS....Did you notice all the matching pillowcases?

No comments: