About Me

My photo
Bigfork, Montana, USA
Bigfork Bay Cotton Company is a full service, brick and mortar quilt shop, as well as a retail/wholesale pattern business. You can view our pattern line on our website, but on a more personal level, we'd like to invite you into our shop and share with you the joy of quilting in our corner of the world!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'M HAVING AN AFFAIR

Shocking, I know. It's so not like me. My husband knows all about it and seems okay with it...he's just concerned about the amount of time it will take away from "us".

Those who know me know that I'm pretty traditional....it's basically squares, rectangles, and triangles for me.

But then my friend Sylvia came up to me at Quilt Market and waved something in my face, and, well, what can I say? It's what I have been looking for, without knowing it, for a long time!




I always thought that I would have one Baltimore Album quilt in me. I have all those books, and every so often I would get them out and pore over the different blocks, imagining how I would make mine. Then I went through a Pat Campbell, Jacobean quilt phase. Remember, I am not really interested in applique. I am a happy piecer. I have done a couple of projects with applique, but nothing this ambitious.

Before I mislead you, I love my Janome, and it will be working just as hard as I will be in creating this quilt. My hand work is limited to English Paper Piecing and binding.

In case you can't read the fine print, this beautiful pattern is by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts.

And by the way, Sylvia is making a version also. Mine will be made with traditional cottons, but hers will be made with WOOL! I hope she will post her blocks also...her blog is excessivecompulsivesewing.blogspot.com .

I have a lot of the tracing done, and some blocks fused. I'll post a few tomorrow.....

No comments: