About Me

My photo
Bigfork, Montana, USA
Bigfork Bay Cotton Company is a full service, brick and mortar quilt shop, as well as a retail/wholesale pattern business. You can view our pattern line on our website, but on a more personal level, we'd like to invite you into our shop and share with you the joy of quilting in our corner of the world!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

VARIATIONS OF MYSTERY QUILT

This variation has little contrast between the background and diamond fabrics. Looks more "snowflakey" to me....


A Patriotic version.....


This version uses only the star block.


Just another color variation.


This is an alternate layout. Blocks are on point. This requires pieced setting triangles.


Another version of the above quilt.


This version uses only the alternate block.


A brighter version...no pieced border or focus fabric border yet.


I just want to say how much I love EQ for designing quilts. No, it doesn't do everything. I am going to have to learn Adobe Illustrator because I just can't write my instructions the way I would like with EQ. But for initial design and general "playing around" with blocks and layouts, it is great. If you don't have it, you are really missing out! We're thinking of starting a monthly EQ workshop at BBCC. If you're local and would be interested, let me know....

No comments: