About Me

My photo
Bigfork, Montana, USA
Bigfork Bay Cotton Company is a full service, brick and mortar quilt shop, as well as a retail/wholesale pattern business. You can view our pattern line on our website, but on a more personal level, we'd like to invite you into our shop and share with you the joy of quilting in our corner of the world!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

MYSTERY QUILT UNVEILED!


The Mystery Quilt was unveiled last Saturday! It has been a long nine months since we all started. This was a "piecing intensive" quilt. At times it was hard to keep up. I have to admit that my second one won't be finished for a while. I have decided to make it a king size quilt, which means I have quite a few more blocks to make. Before I show you my finished quilt top, I thought you might like to see some of the fabric choices people are working on:



This is Sandi's star block. The focus fabric is so fun! And her stars are going to pop!



These are Bonita's blocks. The fabric is from the Moda collection "Portobello Market". I just love this group of fabrics. Her quilt is going to be breathtaking.


These are Jane's blocks. Notice that she used the same focus fabric as Sandi, yet the quilts look so different! It will be bright and fun!


Notice that in this one, Jane swapped her light and dark. I love the results!


Finished top! In this one I swapped the light/medium fabric and the dark....


Here's a close up that shows both blocks within the quilt.

I played around with some other colors in EQ. I'll post some of those soon.

No comments: