About Me

My photo
Bigfork, Montana, USA
Bigfork Bay Cotton Company is a full service, brick and mortar quilt shop, as well as a retail/wholesale pattern business. You can view our pattern line on our website, but on a more personal level, we'd like to invite you into our shop and share with you the joy of quilting in our corner of the world!

Monday, March 7, 2011

MYSTERY QUILT STEP TWO

As always, please read through these instructions before beginning.

More strip sets.........








Using 1 1/2 inch LIGHT strips and 3 1/2 inch LIGHT/MEDIUM strips, make FOUR strip sets.



(Please Note: I base my calculations on 40" of usable width. If you do not preshrink your fabrics, you can probably get by with only three strip sets.)





Subcut into 3 1/2 inch lengths. You will need 36.






Subcut three of the 2 1/2 inch LIGHT strips into 2 1/2 inch squares. You will need 36.


Place the square in either of the LIGHT/MEDIUM corners of the units from step one. Stitch diagonally, fold back and press. If desired, trim out one or both inside layers to reduce bulk. Because my light is so white, and because of the black dots in my light/medium, I have chosen not to trim out the inside layers. This could create a problem if I were going to hand quilt this quilt. In that case, I would be sure to trim out both inside layers. But since this quilt will be machine quilted, I will just leave the layers in.






You will need 36. (They do not need to be all the same....the triangle corner can be on either side.)






No comments: