About Me

My photo
Bigfork, Montana, USA
Bigfork Bay Cotton Company is a full service, brick and mortar quilt shop, as well as a retail/wholesale pattern business. You can view our pattern line on our website, but on a more personal level, we'd like to invite you into our shop and share with you the joy of quilting in our corner of the world!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

MAYA SLING

Do you need a quick-t0-make gift for a baby shower or a new arrival? Check out www.mayawrap.com for instructions on how to make this baby sling. (You can buy them on this site also.)


I made this one last weekend. It was the second one I made. It literally takes ten minutes to make. It took longer to press the fabric than it did to sew this. I didn't have a baby handy, so here it is on my newel post with a sack of potatoes in it.


Here's little Parker in the first one I made. The poor little guy had a very "immature belly", (translation: colic), and really had a hard time his first few months. Being in the sling really comforted him and helped preserve his parents' sanity.





Fast forward a couple of months and you can see that he is still very comfortable in it, and of course, it's great for momma and poppa to have both hands free for other things.



What I really love about this company (www.mayawrap.com) is that even though they sell the slings, they shared instructions on how to make them. There is a video on the site that explains different ways to wear it for different ages.



1 comment:

sheila said...

Could you post your directions I would love to make one for myself!!